Thursday 25 June 2015

Sesame Braided Bread






I had been meaning to put this up a long time back.  This bread has a wonderful taste to it.  Had been searching for a few bread recipes when my eye caught this one, a recipe by Priya.  Here I have halved the recipe as I was trying it for the first time.  I have just made very few changes to it, in terms of seasonings.  To make it healthy I have used flaxseeds.  Next time I am going it to make it a little more healthy, by using a combination of wheat flour and white flour.  I made braided as well as simple round buns.  I could not click the buns though.  Got over even before I could lay my hands on the camera.  You could have it with your favourite jams or just plain butter.  So without further ado.  Here goes.


INGREDIENTS:
Flour
3 cups
Wheat bran
2 tbsp
Yeast
1 tsp
Water
1 cup +2-3 tbsp
Flax seeds
1 tbsp
Salt
1 tsp
Sugar
1 tsp
Sesame seeds
1/8 cup (dry roasted)
Olive oil
3 tbsp
Milk
For brushing
Sesame seeds
For topping
METHOD:
1. Take the flour, wheat bran, instant yeast, dry roasted sesame seeds, sugar, salt, flax seeds in a bowl, add luke warm water, olive oil and knead it for about 10 mins or until you get a soft and smooth dough.
2.  Place this dough in a well-oiled bowl and let it sit in a warm place for an hour.
3. Once the dough doubles up, punch it down and put it onto a floured surface and knead for few minutes.
4.  Divide the dough into 6 medium sized balls.
5. Roll each ball into ropes and place them side by side, pinch the pieces together at the top and start braiding.  Pinch again at the end
6.  Transfer it on a baking tray and keep it in a warm place again for about half an hour.  
7.  Preheat the oven at 175⁰ for 10 mins.  Brush the breads well with milk and sprinkle them with sesame seeds.  Bake the bread for at 175⁰C for 20-25 mins or till the crust turns golden brown. 
8.  Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
 NOTES:
1.     I got two braided loaves and 4 small round buns.
2.  Baking depends from oven to oven so pl do keep a check after 20 mins.
3.  The original recipe called for mixed herbs and Italian seasoning, I just made a few changes to suit our palate.



No comments:

Post a Comment