Sunday 21 June 2015

Red Coconut Chutney




I know it’s been a long time since I said, I would post the chutney recipe.  But just could not post it.  Today I told myself enough of the delay.  So while I am posting the instant dosa recipe I decided let me also put up the recipe for the chutney.  So without further delay here goes,

INGREDIENTS:
Coconut
½ cup
Red chilli powder
1 tsp
Tamarind
Size of a gooseberry
Salt
½ tsp (as per taste)
Water
To grind
Urad dal
½ tsp
Asafoetida (hing)
¼ tsp
Coconut oil
1 tsp
    
METHOD:
  1. In a small frying pan take a tsp of coconut oil and put in the urad dal and let it turn into pale golden brown colour.  Add the asafoetida to it and switch off the flame.  (do this on low flame)
  2. In a mixer jar add coconut, tamarind, red chilli powder, salt and the sautéed urad dal.  Grind this with enough water to make this into a smooth chutney.
  3. You could use it as it is or temper it with mustard seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves.
  4. This chutney can be combined along with appe as a best combination.  It goes well even with dosas or idlis.

No comments:

Post a Comment