Sunday 29 January 2017

Pomegranate Raita

After the bagel baking post I did bake a few other breads but wasn’t able to get my hand on the camera as I always ran late with all the other jobs that I had to give time too.  And when I finally thought that I am going to dedicate all my time to baking and getting the pics clicked.  Bam!!!  There goes the oven in for a toss.  Guess the oven said pl I need a break too.  Placed order for a new oven that is yet to be delivered, I thought let me get on to making other yum cooking.  So today I have for you all, a combo meal that I happened to put up with last minute.  Not much of a thought process involved here, I just put together capsicum cashew masala, pomegranate raita, beetroot and potato tikkis/cutlets and naan.  So here goes the first recipe, will begin with the easy peasy one.  The pomegranate raita. 
INGREDIENTS:
Curds/Yoghurt
1 cup abt 250 ml
Pomegranate seeds/arils
1/2 cup
Salt
A pinch
Sugar
1/2 tsp
Chat masala
1/2 tsp (optional)
Roasted cumin powder
1/2 tsp

METHOD:
1.       Take the yoghurt in a bowl and whisk it smooth. 
2.       Add in the salt, roasted cumin powder and sugar and mix well.
3.       Add the pomegranate seeds/arils in the yoghurt and mix well until combined.  If you have the juice of the pomegranate, add in the juice about a tbsp of it.  (it adds a nice colour and taste to it).  I didn’t have any left after deshelling the pomegranate.
4.       Sprinkle chat masala (if using).  Serve and enjoy with flavoured rice or pulav, or the main course that you have planned.
NOTES:
1.       I have added only half a tsp of sugar, you could add the sugar as per your taste.
2.       Garnish with coriander leaves before serving.  Since I ran out of coriander leaves I couldn’t add them.
3.       You could make it ahead of lunch/dinner and serve it chilled.
4.       Increase the quantity as per your requirement.  This measure that I have given for serves 2. Well if you like to have it by yourself then I would say serves 1.
Will be putting up the other posts of the combo soon.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment