Wednesday 15 June 2016

Ghee Rice with mildly infused spices

Getting to the recipe directly.  Like I said, I served this rice as a combination with the Chettinad baby potatoes and boondi raita.  So without further prattle of mine, will get to, how I made this rice.  I am sure it is common feature at most of your kitchen's, but thought since I have served this as a combination, let me put up how I made this rice.
INGREDIENTS:
Jeera rice or basmati rice
1 cup
Cinnamon
1 inch
Cloves
3 nos
Cardamom
2 nos
Ghee
1 tbsp
Salt
1/2 tsp or as per preference
Water
11/2 cups
METHOD:
1.       Wash the rice a couple of times and soak it for half an hour.  Drain and keep aside.
2.       In a kadai/cooker add a tbsp of ghee.  Add in the whole spices and let them sauté for a minute.
3.       Add the rice and stir in the rice on high flame for minute.  Add water and salt.  Stir well and cover the kadai with a lid and cook until all the water evaporates and rice is cooked.  Or if using, a cooker cover with the lid and cook for a whistle and lower the flame and cook for another minute or so and switch off the flame.
4.       Once cooled, fluff up the rice and serve hot with the Chettinad baby potatoes or any gravy of your choice.
NOTES:
1.       I have used jeera rice in this recipe, jeera rice is also a very fragrant rice and used in many biryani and pulav preparations.  Basmati will be the best to use.  I had run out of basmati.
2.       Use ghee for best results.
3.       I have used 1 1/2 cup of water for the rice.  Pl use the water measurement like you all do to make your rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment