Saturday 4 June 2016

Mango Chia Pudding

Hello everyone… Today's recipe is a mango combined with Chia seeds and honey.  I may not be qualified to give a whole lotta health benefits but I do know a few good things about including these cute small seeds that bloom up and make up for a healthy diet.  The benefits of Chia seeds are many am sure, but here a few that I know of. 

They are rich in protein, fibre, they help in digestion, it's a good energy booster, helps to control weight, blood sugar, gives you stronger bones and also lowers cholesterol. But, like I said I just know a few of the benefits.  There may be many more.  Might I add, like my hubby says, if anything is eaten in limits nothing is wrong or bad.

Also most imp thing was how could I let go off the mango season without posting any mango recipes.  Although I had it in my mind to put it up earlier, something or the other kept me away from doing so.  Deciding that it was going to be a healthy way to end this mango season I came up with this recipe.  So here I am with this wonderful recipe with just a few ingredients that will be easily available at home.  Without further ado, here I present to you all with this yummy and easy and not to forget a healthy recipe.

INGREDIENTS:

Chia seeds
3 1/2 tbsps
Yoghurt (not sour)
1 cup
Milk
1 cup
Honey
2-3 tbsps
Mango
1 1/2 no
Mango
1/2 cut into cubes

METHOD:
1.       Wash and peel the mangoes.  Cut them into cubes.  Keep a few cubes aside and make a pulp of the remaining mango pieces.
2.       Once the pulp is smooth add in the yoghurt and milk and blend well again.  Once combined transfer the mixture in a big bowl/vessel. 
3.       Add the chia seeds and give it a good whisk (using a balloon whisk).  Alternatively you could use a spoon too but giving it a good whisk is imp.  And set aside for 15 minutes.  Mix it well again.  Keep the bowl/vessel in the fridge and let it stay for a good 4 hours or more.
4.       Serve chilled decorated with the mango cubes which we had set aside earlier.  Enjoy with family or you could make it when you have guests at home.
NOTES:
1.       I have used 3 1/2 tbsp of chia seeds, this makes the pudding a little thicker.  You could add just three tbsps.
2.       Pl add honey depending on the sweetness of the mangoes.  If you do like it a little more sweet then add 4-5 tbsps of honey.
3.       You could substitute mango with any seasonal fruit.    
4.       You could add chia seeds in smoothies too.
 






 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment