Wednesday 5 August 2015

Orange With Herbal Twist


After putting up all these posts, I thought why not put up some refreshing drink.  I know, you might wonder a refreshing drink is better in summer's but I beg to differ.  Anytime is a good time to have this wonderful cooler.  So I thought, taking a break from the other goodies let me put up something which is not only healthy but can be made in a jiffy with just a few ingredients.  So here goes my take on the recipe.  
Preparation time: 10 mins
INGREDIENTS:
Orange juice
400 ml
Mint leaves
10-12 leaves
Dry Basil
1 tbsp
Ice cubes
10

METHOD:
1.       If using fresh oranges, take out juice of 5 oranges.  Else canned or tetra pack juices are just fine. 
2.       In a mixer jar, add washed mint and basil leaves along with ice cubes and give it a whisk a couple of times.  Wherein, the ice cubes get crushed along with the mint and basil leaves.
3.       Add in the orange juice and blitz it again till it all blends well.
4.       Transfer the juice in the glasses and serve chilled.  Enjoy.

NOTES:
1.       I used Tropicana 100% orange juice.
2.       You could use fresh basil.  If so, then 10-12 leaves would be just fine.

2 comments: