Tuesday 21 July 2015

Tiramisu

I have been planning to put up desserts or cookies in a long time now.  But just never found the time to actually make them.  Just that I had been keeping busy or at times the laziness creeped in, I guess.  But then I told myself, I better get to it without any further delay.  So here I am, posting a few sweet goodies along with the usual recipes that I will be posting.
So, today am posting an Italian dessert, Tiramisu.  It means “pick me up”.  Literally looking at the dessert that is what you would like to do.  Though I must say I could manage to click only this pic, as I had made it for a party organised by someone and it had to leave ASAP.  So, getting a pic of single portion was not possible.  But never mind, will update the pic again later.  Till then try it and enjoy.  Though I must mention, everyone has a different version of this wonderful dessert.  This is how I prepare it.

INGREDIENTS:
Chocolate sponge fingers
20 nos
Cream cheese
100 gms
Whipping cream
200 ml
Instant coffee
1 tbsp
Hot water
1 tbsp
Rum
2 tbsp
Grated chocolate
50 gms
Icing sugar
1 tsp
METHOD:
1.      Cream the cream cheese well.  Dissolve coffee powder in hot water add 1 tbsp of rum and add it to the well creamed cream cheese.
2.      Whip the cream to soft peaks and fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream.
3.      In a glass bowl or any other bowl that you would want to make the dessert arrange the sponge fingers on the base.  Soak it with rum and sugar mixture
4.      Pour the cream mixture over the sponge fingers.  Make another layer of the sponge fingers and soak it with rum and sugar mixture.
5.      Pour the remaining cream over it. 
6.      Garnish with grated chocolate.  Keep this in the refrigerator for an hour or two before serving.

NOTES:
1.      In case you do not want to use rum, you can avoid using it.  Soak it with coffee decoction.  Mix coffee with water and icing sugar and use it to soak the sponge fingers.
2.      You can buy a sponge cake or make one well in advance so that it cools down before you make this dessert.
3.      You could even sprinkle cocoa powder over the tiramisu.

No comments:

Post a Comment